Sunday 20 April 2003

Bit rushed this morning, at least after listening to "a special extended edition of Sunday with me Roger Bolton" on Radio 4. It was very interesting. One of the 'articles' was on the encyclical James mentioned. One chap, possibly Bolton, referred to the exclusion of protestants from catholic communion in England and Germany as a "custom more honoured in the breach than the observance". They had an Anglican vicar and his Catholic wife on. Both of them were very disappointed at not being able to commune together anymore. Both Roger Bolton and I were of the opinion that though it is indeed a sad thing, "everyone" already knew, or at least should have done, and the vatican's opinion on the matter was not exactly shrouded in mystery.

Mum asked me if I wanted a cup of tea - I said yes. First was church. I went early to run through the songs, and all the equipment was conveniently left out. Bonus. I didn't feel very 'Easter' - felt quite down by the end actually. Typical. I don't think that I played very well at all, but Dad did. Everyone was very surprised that I was leaving that week, including my family, who said it didn't really seem like I'd been back a month. Had a hasty Sunday Dinner and then got ready to go. Mino mentioned something about a traditional Easter meal on MSN a bit ago. I don't know if there even is one, but we had gammon. Except me, naturally. Right - gotta train to catch.