Saturday 5 April 2003

Feeling a bit put out.

Post-event Elucidation: Initially, I should state that Mum took the first opportunity to apologise, and I am not currently seething with rage. Our church is somewhat starved of musicians, so I make a point of chipping in whenever I can - for the past two years I think actually. When I'm not there, there is a nice man whom men call Alan who plays the keyboard, but he can't be there every week. When neither of us is there, there is an old keyboard which plays midi files which they use. As you may well imagine, this is awful, and to be avoided. Okay. Well, you know how I blogged that I was practising those songs yesterday (I'm updating this on Sunday)? It was a large waste of time because my servivces were not required, so I could've been in bed, or doing course work or other things that I'd like to have done after a week of doing very unrewarding work. Mum sorts out the worship every week, and usually puts it up on the notice board. She had not done so this week, so I didn't know that Alan wasn't going to be here. In Mum's mind, this implied that the keyboard was going to have to be used. I said that I would play, but she said that it had all been arranged already. I wasn't very happy. I wouldn't have minded, but the implication that they'd be better off with that cruddy keyboard across as something of an insult. Bah.