Sunday 6 April 2003

Hiya! Just back from the pub. Let's blog!

This afternoon, as both our GBAs had recharged, I engaged in a bit of multiplayer action with Nick. Chu Chu Rocket was first up, but I don't think I really like it as a two player, and Nick didn't seem too fussed, so we moved on to Frogger and Bomberman Tournament instead. I had the upper hand in these electrical amusements. For some reason, I feel quite comfortable gloating when I beat Nicholas, so I did. It must be because I feel confident of his ability to take a joke. Good man.

At 1930, Nick and I bombed out of our drive in the Micra to go to Ruth's, to pick her up for The Squirrel pub quiz. Ruth didn't know how to get there, and we hadn't even been there before, so we rolled along with Ruth's Dad's directions being mediated through Ruth. This was a bit tricky, as Ruth is not a natural navigator, but we got there in the end. Nicholas has formally requested that he be recognised as the first person to question my blog's title. I can't remember, but he said he mentioned it, so I bought him a pint this evening. John's statutory rights are not affected. He couldn't make up his mind what beer to have, and I recommended that, as in all pubs I go to, he just try one that he'd never had before. He opted for a Worthington's 1744. I think this was a mistake. In the toilets I saw a poster advertising all the real ales that this particular pub sold. They had all won awards with stupidly long names, except for the 1744, which merely sponsored the competition. The quiz itself was fun, but we did quite badly I thought. It was a quiz with a gimmick; like a cross between Blockbusters and Bingo, you had to get a line of questions right to win a round. We didn't come close to winning any of them, but never mind. I don't mind gimmicky quizzes, but to my mind, there's nothing wrong with merely running through an old-fashioned list of questions and answers.

Adrian has revealed that he should be turning up on either Friday or Saturday. Dad said there was a reason he was more likely to come on Saturday, but I wasn't paying as much attention as I should, so I couldn't say why for certain. Conceivably it involved a Wednesday game. It'll be nice to see him regardless of such tertiary issues.

G'night chaps and chappesses, I'm gonna read more Calvin and Hobbes.