Tuesday 22 April 2003

I got up fairly early this morning, so I could get down to all the work I couldn't be bothered to do yesterday. I have difficulty getting myself to do work without horribly apparent deadlines. While I was in front room, the man-with-the-moustache-who-does-things came round to empty the bins.

ME [At volume slightly below average] Morning.
GUY [At volume slightly above average, interrupting marginally] K.
[Exit guy]

Work's going slowly because Word has a counter-intuitive method for inserting and numbering illustrations (Titian) and I'm not entirely sure how to reference artworks anyway. Think it's sorted now, just on a quick break. If I get my 500 words done before 1700, I guess I should phone some places and ask if I can live there. I am going to try and get a place in Exeter, and if I can't, then think about alternatives. I'll wait till James gets here before thinking about housing agencies. Right - can't spend all of my break blogging, there's tea to drink.

There's a slightly unpleasant smell in the kitchen, somewhat predictably. Hopefully, now that I've emptied out Paul's rancid milk, it'll dissipate a little. I shouldn't get my hopes up though. He's also got some orange juice in there, but it doesn't smell quite bad enough to warrant affirmative action yet.