Saturday 19 April 2003

If I said that today was so spectacularly interesting and noteworthy that it would be almost a sin to reduce it to mere reportage, would you believe me? I most certainly wouldn't.

I got up far too late, and my head did not engage in a productive fashion with the world. I spent a long time on the internet, checking out Amy Winfrey's other work, finally getting round to watching the Big Bunny series, which was good. Sample quote: "Goodbye, crunchy children." I also spent a fairly long time listening to clips from the Chris Moyles show, which I excuse on the basis that it's much better than what's on telly these days. I saw Antz today. It was okay. From reading my blog up until this point, you might have the impression that I think every film is average. Not so; yesterday I saw two films, both of which I enjoyed in different ways. Ame agaru, which was a calm, warm sort of a film on virtue. It was based on an unfilmed Kurosawa screenplay, which he intended to leave the audience feeling "pleased", and it worked on me. Later was Hannah and her Sisters, which was interesting. I wasn't entirely sure what to make of it to be honest, but it was very engaging. It got round to tea-time without me noticing, so after some prompting, I got Nicholas to show me how to do poached eggs. I'm bored with that method already - I want to cook them like this Old Woman Poaching Eggs (not frying).

I packed, and found that I could fit all my stuff in my suitcase, which is a good thing to know. So it's back to Exeter tomorrow. The weather there looks as though it will be kinda moderate.