Sunday 13 April 2003

Nothing much is happening this weekend, which is the way I like 'em, so long as I'm in good company. However, Nina appears to have gotten herself one of them new-fangled LiveJournals. I don't know much about LiveJournal, so I don't know whether I approve or not. It's definitely much less purple than it used to be, but these are changing times. Apparently, if I'm not a LiveJournal user, I have to leave comments anonymously. Um, whatever. I wonder if there's some really high-tech alternative to just typing my name at the end.

[Gratuitously late insertion]

We went to the Squirrel pub quiz again with Ruth. This time, however, all the Dobsons present bundled down to pit their wits againt Quizgo, which I believe is the name of the format. It was going to be just Ruth, myself, and my brothers, but Mum and Dad decided to tag along when we mentioned it at dinner, the mid-day meal. As in Sunday dinner. Roast dinner. I have roast vegetables if you were wondering - roast celery is surprisingly nice. Mum and Dad asked me how to get the the Squirrel. I said I didn't really know. Later, Mum popped into my room, while I was... doing... something... which apparently wasn't exciting enough to remember and asked me how to get there. I said I didn't really know, but we all managed in the end. We had a nice time, and ate an insane amount of crisps and peanuts between us. Mum wanted pork-scratchings, but the Squirrel isn't really a pub, so they didn't have any. I had two lemonades, both of which were £1.40 This tells you all that you need to know about what kind of establishment we were dealing with. We did win one round this time, which was £5 worth of drinks.