Wednesday 23 April 2003

Paul's mum bought him a teacosy. We haven't got a teapot in good condition however, so earlier he was wearing it on his head.

Oh man. I just saw the most gratutitous pop key change in the world ever, fer shure. It was on TotP2 (naturlich) with Craig David and Sting. They were clenching just about everything they could think of, due to their immese soulfulness of course, before launching quite arbitrarily into another key. On the plus side, I don't think it was by a perfect interval, but perhaps I'm wrong. I'm toying with the idea of suggesting arbitrary modulation to Victor - it's the key to chart success, as Mr. Moyles has consistently pointed out. Then the snooker came on; what possessed them to 'impove' the title music? It used to be awesome, but now it's awesomeness is diluted. They don't even use The Chain for Formula 1 anymore. Cheh, I dunno...