Monday 7 April 2003

This week's Radio 3 Composer of the Week is/are actually two composers - Chavez and Revueltas, early twentieth-century Mexican nationalists. So I woke up to their compositions. Revueltas' Planos had a great opening. Richard from Workbase phoned up and left an answerphone message [sigh] to ask whether I was working today. Thankfully, this is the last time he should do this. He always asks me twice - without fail. He caught the weariness in my tone when I rang him back to clarify the matter. I believe I may have offended him slightly, but it's easy to get a weary tinge to your voice when you suspect that someone only listens to you the second time you tell them something.

A man has just come round and asked whether it would be okay to deposit dead leaves and stuff, for composting, in our driveway. The usual answer is "Yes, thanks.", but you can never be sure. I said yes, and they were duly left. Dad just came in so I told him. He didn't seem to object, so all is well.