Sunday 6 April 2003

Today is not shaping up to be the super-fun-day one always hopes one's days off will be...

There's the thing yesterday about the music, which on the plus side, freed me up to investigate the Catholic church over the way.

I suspected when I received my pay, that it, predictably, wasn't the right amount, but I couldn't be bothered to look at the payslip when it arrived yesterday, so I resolved to investigate this morning. I had not been underpaid, as I had hoped, because I had only been paid for four days* but because I was on, you guessed it, emergency tax. £223.75 Gross - £ 161.24 Nett. Sigh. At least Dad tells me I don't have to wait till the next tax tear to get it back, which would have sucked.

I also couldn't find any clean trousers this morning, so I'm wearing the same jeans as yesterday. Our laundry system is so configured that you don't know that you don't have any more clean clothes until you need them, unlike my efficient, dirty-festering-pile strategy at uni, where the reality is unavoidable. No-one's fault, but Mum swiftly set to rectify the situation. Thanks Mum.

There's also the fact that Blogger doesn't want to archive my posts anymore. I am already looking to abandon the sinking ship. I'm not sure what to use, naturally, but I'm considering this which is basically a blogger clone, but hard-disk based instead of on the interweb. I'm worried about backup issues, but I don't think I'm any safer with Blogger's records actually. I think I can transfer my Squawkbox comments with relative ease, which is nice.