Monday 14 April 2003

Went to the Monkey Puzzle with Adrian, Nick, Mark and Miles. It was fun, but I was tired and not drinking. The place had been refurbished, except for the beer-mats, which we always destroy. This evening, they were destroyed by Adrian and Mark, exchanging e-mail addresses (they both already had them) and attempting to explain topology, the former to the latter. Mark had just got a raise three times higher then his parents thought he could manage so he was buying everyone drinks. I had two lemonades. Mark and myself think we should do something on Thursday, but we don't know what. During the day I'll be in Camberley with Ruth, so I guess I won't do any work then. Miles was almost exactly as underwhelmed as I thought he'd be when I said about the sorting office. Good man. Mark, Miles and Adrian intermittently talked about football, while Nicholas and I, Nick especially, looked bemused.