Monday 12 May 2003

> Today wasn't very fun. I'm not sure if I can be bothered blogging it.
>
> Being good is difficult. Doing nothing, on the other hand... is rubbish.

Right, well now I can. All I can remember about it immediately is that it wasn't fun. Let's see...

Well, it was the day of out teaching seminar, and I didn't really like the play very much. I didn't hate it or anything, but you know, it's not the kind of thing I'd have to get up in the morning for ideally. We had arranged a meeting for 1100 for some reason, possibly just to make the day more awkward, and that plodded along. I occasionally said something, and it got ignored, but it was the best that I could do with my meagre supplies of enthusiasm. A couple of people in the group wanted to get Monty Python and the Holy Grail for the seminar, but the library only has the DVD, which isn't much use. Foolishly I said that I might be able to get it. So they asked me to. I texted Paul to ask if he had it with him, and he thought that I meant the actual holy grail. I would have stayed on campus, but instead I had to trudge down in the rain. It rained only twice that day.

I spent some time on Jstor.org at home, which is a great site, but didn't want to help me very much that day. After a while I trudged back to campus in the rain, which had stopped earlier. It rained only twice that day. We all met up, had nothing to do until the seminar and sat down in the coldest room avaliable. I believe university policy is to generate heat by getting students to move around in their buildings. No-one wanted to talk in our seminar; they never do. I guess it didn't go too badly really. For some reason we showed some clips from The Omen. The link was that in The Witch of Edmonton the devil comes in the form of a dog, and in The Omen there are also dogs of a less than wholesome nature.

Then I came home and bemoaned my fate. I didn't go to my exe-group whereas I probably should have done. I mean, I wasn't feeling particularly holy, but that's probably a good time to do things pertaining to holiness. So I stayed at home feeling sorry for myself and whinging. Good plan eh?