Sunday 25 May 2003

It's a bit odd trying to blog a weekly event which, by its nature, tends to be fairly similar from one week to the next. What I can say about Mass this week is that it was Fr. Fr(i)end's turn to preside, which means a speedy liturgy (omitting the creed for some reason) and also that the homily is sort of like a history lesson. Also, Fr. Paul didn't leave and vestments behind except for a stole, so he was somewhat underdressed. He took this opportunity to say that vestments were just standard dress in Roman times, so it wasn't worth writing home about. I understand the same thing happened with magicians. They originally had tails and a top hat because that's what all their audience would wear, so it was an equalising thing to do. When fashions changed however, magicians were those people who wear top hats. I think I'd feel cheated if a magician pulled a rabbit out of a beanie.

We didn't stay for too long afterwards. I wasn't in the mood for drinking for some reason. Lisa was talking about a new CathSoc T-shirt, and what should be on it. At some stage, James and I decided that the new CathSoc logo should be a badger, and because Lisa wasn't going for it, we became more insistent. She suggested that Noah's ark should be on the back, and we said that that'd be cool because you could have a pair of badgers on board, a badger for the masthead and maybe a couple of badgers swimming around. After that we naffed off home.
Gareth Southgate is a footballer and NOT a badger

Oh and James? I win, I win, me me me. Well, sort of.