Tuesday 24 June 2003

Early start today. Will and Rosie had suggested doing "something" but not decided on what it was, so I figured I'd try and do some useful things until they had an idea. Went to campus to see about getting a graduate account; don't need to apply - automatic. Bonus. I had a look to see if Karen's office hours were still up, but apparently not. Met Andy shortly afterwards, which was most peculiar on two counts. Firstly that it was the morning, secondly that he was on campus. He had coursework to hand in. He was complaining about the anal retentiveness of the person he had to hand it in to. I tried to get a parking permit too, but I needed a registration number, and also insurance documents, so that didn't happen, but I did get to observe some cheery post-ball drunks trying to arrange a meeting at Northcote house via some other university member of staff. "Tell her we're naked!" "We've got absinthe!" "Our cleaner will vouch for us. She loves us!"

In town I got something to cover my bike with, an new bag and ordered a new mobile phone battery, to stop it cutting out whenever I talk to anyone. Then I headed back after Will sent a text asking if I was at home. There were more of us round to chat this time. After a bit of chin-wagging Rosie decided to go to campus, and so did Will and I. Rosie had to sign a contract and then we went into town to buy various things. Well Rosie did. I only bought some snacks and a shirt and tie. After this third trip to town in two days, I wandered back to the house.

Will and Rosie chilled for a while and then headed off to do their own thing while Andy, John, Joe and I headed Exwickwards for some chips. The girl at the counter was nicely chirpy. Then headed back and watched Sharpe. Then talked resurrection with Mino. I was going to watch Big Brother but Andy and his friends are downstairs watching more Sharpe. I have actually seen amazingly little BB. I have to pick most of it up from the website and the radio. I've probably seen no more than five actual programmes in total and James thinks I'm obsessed. He has built up a Big Brother obsessed strawman and called it Mark. Gah.