Friday 27 June 2003

Or I guess I could post it now, as I'm at a loose end.

Yesterday started with me checking my e-mail to see if there was any news about going to the zoo, which, as I beleive I had said, my exe-group were planning to go to. There was no such news, so expecting either that they had forgotten about me or that they hadn't managed to organize anything I let Rosie know I was free for the day. It was their last day in Exeter. On balance, not going to the zoo wasn't that perturbing, for it meant I could see some more of them, and also that I didn't spend shedloads of money. I saw the party of zoogoers pass in front of my window after this, meaning that they had forgotten about me and phoned Luke to ask what was going on. The train was leaving in about quarter of an hour. I said I might try and make it, but I didn't really put much effort in, so I didn't.

Will and Rosie dig repetition, so after a bit of sitting round wondering what we might do, we went to town again, and idly perused clothes shops. I don't usually go shopping without a purpose in mind, because I ahve this tendency to see things that I want and then buy them - this is why my bookshelf at home is about 50/50 in terms of whether or not I have actually read them. Three days of exposure to town therefore resulted in a non-essential purpose. It was at least a bargain; The Chronicles of Narnia for £7. I was a bit suspicious, but they haven't exploded or anything, so it's all good. We all grabbed a Boots meal-deal and headed back home.

I guess it must have been almost tea-time, as I don't recall doing anything exciting before the barbecue. Actually, come to think of it, I read all of The Magician's Nephew (Rosie was overawed), so they must have been off doing other things - visiting housemates from last year; that was it. Stella and Luke turned up at the door though, bearing my long-lost bag, which had been in their house after all. I had asked Cla[i?]re, but she had said it wasn't there. No harm done; spare bag. If I'd have known however, I probably would have bought a hold-all rather than a new rucksack. Luke also apologized for my not going to the zoo, which was nice of him, but there wasn't really the remotest possibility of it being his fault.

A barbecue ensued after this, under the bridge at Exwick. Which was nice. Fun with weeds, and lots of whistling, and ducks, and dogs, and smoke, and fire and forks and lettuce. Mino had said that he might show up. Gavin kept on seeing non-Mino persons and thinking that it might be him, but it wasn't. Bit daft really.

Went home, to find James returned, and (face-value) not amused by Andy's hilarious jape oftaking his PCI cards out of his PC. He said he felt more pity than anger. Mino also turned up with Christiana. After a while it was time for Will and Rosie to leave. Gavin rushed everyone to James' room to wave, but I thought I'd sit on the wall outside for that individual touch. While I was waving goodbye to them, Christiana waved to me (I have no memory of her actually attracting my attention) from Mino's window. I squinted a bit, worked out who it was, and waved back. She was quite disappointed that I didn't work out who it was more quickly. Well one can only try. I sort of vaguely read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in various locations. Mino and Christiana argued for a bit in the kitchen. Sensitivity be damned, I was pretty set on watching BB, but they seemed to have calmed down by then. More reading, 'til about 0100, and then I slept.