Monday 16 June 2003

Well after that, I thought it was high time to get myself an appointment at the careers advisory centre. So I did. 1600 tomorrow. Pretty prompt. James had forgotten to ask me whether he could borrow my cushions. Naturally I was going to let him, but they were at Nina's, so I had to text her. James had to go shopping, cos Ella likes food that isn't curry sometimes. Paul needed to go shopping as well. He tells me that he's been eating suasage sandwiches for four days. Hmm. I was determined not to do a major shopping trip, as I don't trust myself at Alphington's after last time. Did get myself some bread and milk though, as it's propbably cheaper than going to the UTC and Ozzy's, as I usually do.

When we got back, I engaged in some duck-feeding with Paul. It was great. Paul is a great waster of food. This week he had bought proper unsliced bread (whatever then did people pre-slice bread for? was it all in vain?) and it staled on the kitchen table for a bit. It made great duck food though. Actually, the ducks were largely as disinterested as Greek gods, and the pigeons got the lion's share. You know what I mean. The crust was an issue though; too big and thick for such ducks as were willing to eat our offerings (the white ones) and certainly for the pigeons. We started throwing huge chunks in the water. This was a good thing, because the seagulls which had started circling around our bounty, and newfound fowl-friends, started excitingly diving from heights to drag these chuinks off to the floor. And they were loud, and got in each others way - it was awesome. I hadn't left much time after that, in fact I was late, for the last Exe-group ever. Parable of the sower in Mark, which I thought we'd done. Sharon (a lily of the valleys) had brought a friend along who had been to Poland with her. She was very personable, the antithesis of myself in unfamiliar company, and said that she liked my bible tabs. Well, they are awesome. She had a "rose" transparent piece of plastic which she read her bible through, having recently been made aware that this activity would render it much more readable. I heard about this condition, linked to dyslexia, once before, possibly on Richard and Judy. The last Exe-group ever was rather nice. We all decided to go to Paignton zoo next Thursday as well.

When I got back (it was also the latest Exe-group ever - natch) Ella had arrived. Almost immediately, James said that John and Joe were going to the pub, and would I like to join them? I am easily persuaded in the direction of a a good pub, and I hold that the Artful is one such, so off I went, resolved to buy one pint merely. James and Ella stayed behind, to have some food I think. I've got to save some money if I'm going to Paignton Zoo... Shortly afterwards, James and Ella showed up. James had promised Ella food, because he couldn't be bothered to cook I think, but the Artful stops servingat 2130. It was too late. I wonder what it was that we talked about. It was entertaining enough nonsense I suspect.

And then I went to bed.