Friday 13 June 2003

Woke up really early again. It doesn't help me get out of bed any. Blearily watched RI:SE, as is my wont, until Mum and Dad came to pick me up so we could go somewhere. I suggested we got to a castle, so to Okehampton we went, to investigate on old motte and bailey job. It was pretty well ruined. There was an audio tour which was informative enough, although not comprehensive. It also had an obligatory historical-recreationist narrator, which always seems like a daft idea to me. Castles are cool. There were some interesting black birds around. We weren't sure what they were, but they made bird noises with which I was unfamiliar and had a base in a nearby tree. There was a very placid bird on some stone steps in the castle, which scarcely moved as I walked up. Also found a slowworm I think, just outside the castle walls. Haven't seen one of them for a while. There were about 5 garderobes in the pace, which you may or may not know is an exceptionally large amount - very sanitary. We drove back to the house so that Mum and Dad could pick Neil and my stuff up, to go back, which they did.

Watched a lot of TV today. Let's see... Richard and Judy, Simpsons, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Question of Sport, Top of the Pops, that new meta-quiz with Vorderman and a slaphead, and Big Brother parts 1 and 2. That tedious, pale man hight Marilyn Manson was on TotP today. He was very pale and tedious. Andy was unusually cerebral in his music criticism today. He usually just says people can't sing, or that he hates them. The quiz thing, he rightly pointed out, consisted, if you think about it for a moment, of only 8 minutes of quiz before the final round, with a lot of inane babble going on inbetween. I rather liked the eviction on BB tonight. I wanted Sissy out and thought that she would. She just seemed like the less interesting of the nominees. Happily, upon emerging, she seemed to become more of a real person on the outside anyway, and it was very good to see her realising that the public didn't hate her, by and large. She wasn't very happy at all, after finding out who had nominated her, calling them all snakes. Probably true, except in the case of Gos I reckon.