Thursday 3 July 2003

I was getting ready to go to campus to get my results when Gavin texted me to congratulate me on my result. News to me it was. I phoned him up and he said I'd got a first. Golly. I was going up to campus to see Karen in any case and get my breakdown (Stop - hammer time) so I thought I'd see if Gavin had misread it - it didn't seem beyond the bounds of possibility, but Gavin read it with startling precision, so that's jolly nice. So, feeling all chuffed, I spoke to Karen. It was basically just a bit of an ego-stroke really; she said she really enjoyed my work, and that I came at things from interesting angles, and that if I ever felt the appeal of academia again to give her a bell. A pleasant addition to a pleasant day.

* * *

Not a great deal happened after that during the day. I just hung around as usual. We watched a good deal of television though. Channel 4 News was terrible; what are they playing at? John leff this morning and I didn't blog it - goodbye John. He's upset about James' animation, angry actually he says. Hmm. I might let my nationstate drift into oblivion now - it was a Scandinavian Liberal Paradise last time I checked, and that's a good way to go out. Also, though the idea of it is pretty cool, there is no way I'm going to bother managing my virtual team, the Rum Chaps, so I guess I'll let that go too. It's a great deal more important to try and keep this blog running until the end of the summer. And then, who knows?

In the evening we went round to Joe's and drank some beer. It was sort of like being in the pub, only it was Joe's room. It was good. He should leave his leftover beer as a window-ledge present for th next occupant I think.