Tuesday 15 July 2003

Set off for Exeter today. I have put in my reminder-type--unpublished-blog-entry-thing to mention the journey. There was nothing distinctive about it; it was a good journey. Jolly hot though. I parked at St. David's to use the toilets, but I really needed a drink, and I had no money about me, so I went to 5 Cowley Bridge road to say "Hello, can I have a drink?", parking at the chaplaincy, which was a little odd. Luke and Norris were in, and later Stella also, who had been doing laundry. Luke didn't really know what was happening. He ddn't know that we could collect robes today, so after informing him, we walked up and did so.

Then I went off to Loyes to meet up with Neil, then Mum and Dad for a meal. I hadn't really thought this through, but we went to Pizza Hut, as, if anywhere was going to be booked up, it wouldn't be Pizza Hut, although I really like their food. Their Merlot was agreeable too, though there were bits of cork in it. Mum and Dad had the idea of my going round to friends of theirs who I don't think I'd met (David and Tina I think) to take pre-emptive photos of me in sartor that can only be described as daft. They have a back garden you see. This we did, and then we went our separate ways via some convoluted arrangement of cars. It resulted in my being back at 5 Cowley Bridge Road anyway, where myself, Luke, Stella, and Stella's boyfriend Derek watched a '98 Jet Li film called Fist of Legend which was pretty good.