Wednesday 6 August 2003

Back at the Holiday Bible Club, doing the drinks for the hottest day of the year, and I daresay I made a fairly tolerable job of it. We had some sports-type bottles donated to us, and a lot of the kids had them with water in. Utilising the power of fridge overnight I chilled some of them, and a little girl thanked me for making her water so nice and fresh. Jolly nice. I'm still a backroom sort of a helper, so I didn't have too muich contact with the kids, but I did have one of them say to me that she had found a fairy under a leaf, but it was okay, because it had flown off now. I informed her that she had undoubtedly done the right thing. I couldn't really think what else to say.

We had almost ran out of squash and milk by the end, so I was given a tenner and an errand - to fetch some from town. Jess decided to come along too. She said she was a bit bored at her nan's, also that she found the lack of "air-con" a bit annoying. She professed to not mind walking into town, even though it was sweltering. I always walk. We entertained each other pretty tolerably there and back and had a few refreshing drinks in some Camberley pub or other. They're much of a muchness. Now I'm back and ready to relax and listen to Chris Moyles, but should look at the Jobcentre web-site first, and found out when T3 is on at Basingstoke, because Ruth and I shall see it tomorrow, competence permitting.