Sunday 10 August 2003

I awoke with a slight, persistent headache, which was probably jolly lucky in view of the heat. There were two services on today, the ten o' clock was a service for the Holiday Bible Club, and there was an early communion for such rogues as thought that was a good idea. I went to both. I probably would have gone to just communion, only they wanted me to play on some hymns, so there you go. I thought that perhaps there wouldn't be any hymns in the first service, but there were. They had intended, apparently, to use the MIDI keyboard, but by some happy quirk of fate I was spared that ("Do you think Welsey would have referred a synthetic flute or clarinet solo?") particular horror, and as I hadn't been asked to play, we just sang it ourselves which was very nice. The second service was okay, just sort of a review of the week. With actions.

Mum and Dad have gone off to do something with the caravan, and Neil's gone back to Exeter. Theo came round to offer Mum and Dad runner beans, which I vicariously accepted. I then found that the meat I had bought for last Sunday's dinner was still in the fridge. Oh, and for some reason, I'm looking after the collection money until Dad gets back.