Thursday 7 August 2003

I finished reading Emma yesterday, but never mentioned it. It's very strange not to have to give it any thought really. The subtext of the work is safely stowed away, far from my concern. I liked it. It was good. It's pretty funny how scared they all are of the weather. Emma's apology to Miss Bates seems incredibly incomplete. I can't believe Harriet came out of it as well as she did. That's all that immediately springs to mind.

Well, today. Today I thought James was annoyed with me or something, so I texted him, and he wasn't. Huzzah!

Holiday Bible Club again, fairly obviously. I spent a large part of the morning trying to avoid being in the drama. Jess, who apparently was organising all of the dramas, was trying to get me to be "a dancing man" but I wasn't having any of it. I couldn't deter her except by asking someone else, so I did. There was a little bit of a meal after it today but I didn't have much, because I was still doing the washing up.

Thgen I went to bed, because I can. Having dispensed with Emma, I'm already reading another book, Reaching for the Invisible God by Yancey.