Tuesday 12 August 2003

This morning I woke to the news that single sales are being outsripped by ringtones. I guess that makes sense - take one irritating product of the kind that someone with a little effort could make for themselves, get people to pay over the odds for it, and bingo, you have one growth industry.

I then watched more of Ri:se then I usually do. This was because Iain and Kate were having an argument over the legality of barefoot driving. This is something I have been known to do myself, assuming that it was fine, but I thought I'd better stay tuned to hear the final verdict. I don't trust either of them, but Zora e-mailed the department of transport and they apparently said that barefoot driving is illegal. So I guess I won't do that anymore then. Later on, Iain had a good stab at mentally scarring an eleven year old girl, who for some reason (nepotism I think) co-presents the TV section these days, by, after grilling her on-air a few days earlier about who she fancied, replayed the offending clips as well as getting the aforementioned into the studio and getting her to choose one, also on-air. It was painful to watch. Even Ice-T said it was "cold", and he's a bad-assed mother, or so I am given to understand.

Today I have being doing various life things, phoning people, e-mailing, looking for jobs, filling in application forms. For lunch, Dad had an idea that we should get baguettes at Frimley Park Hospital, where Mum works, and this we did. Dad found a place advertising for a permananet courier job, but he popped in and asked wjhether they might make do with a temp, and the guy said yes, so I popped in myself and gave him my details. If no-one good comes up, I'll be under consideration.

A real-life (i.e. not a figment of my imagination) inspectrix turned up today to read the gas for our house and church. I'm going to get Nicholas from Camberley station after a bit of Exodus and Moyles.