Friday 22 August 2003

Well, I've just got back from my walk and I find a letter for me from Devon County Council. I am immediately excited because I know they don't send acknowledgements, so it must be something significant. And it is; my wery furst interview. How exciting. Though I am sure it will soon become an object of dread, it's really perked me up for the minute, so I'm quite pleased. You get tested on the day as well as an interview. It comprises some comprehension and mental arithmetic tests. I don't think I shall have to worry too much about my litereacy, but I haven't even attempted mental arithmetic since, well the last agency I went to actually. I did pretty well, but I was far too slow (I think I mentioned that I was meant to be using a calculator), so I think I might get some practise in. I just looked at Bitesize, and wasn't too surprised to find that they don't have online mental arithmetic tests. I wonder where I should look...