Friday 19 September 2003

Hello beautiful people, beautiful people; it's all relative to the size of your steeple. I believe I shall see St. Paul's'(?) steeple tomorrow, which will be good.

Some of the day was spent packing (I was avoiding doing more boring, though pressing, things), some was spent washing up and some was spent moving furniture and posessions round, for Nicholas is going to Swansea tomorrow. It's all terribly exciting. He seems a little apprehensive about it. He's proabably looking forward to it too, but the apprehensive part sticks out more. I really hope he has a good time, and if I don't phone him to find out, then I'll be a terrible brother. I think I might be a terrible relative generally. I have an idea that I might make Sunday sort of a family day, and phone people and stuff. It's not a good day for phoning home though, as Dad is always tired after the service.

Listened to a bit of Chris Moyles today. Aled is apparently going to be in some prominent role in a humanist child-naming ceremony. To me, the naming part seems pretty dashed incidental to the Christening. I can see why non-religious people might want to be married in a church, and even, to a certain extent, have their child Christened in a church, but the actual naming of a child? It just doesn't seem terribly important. Chris took time out to slag off R:ise too. I rather like Ri:se of a morning actually. I can see why somone would hate it though.

Rosie phoned me this evening, but I was out. When I was in I phoned her back, and we had a pleasant meandering sort of a conversation about various things. She seems to be in a very self-improvement sort of mood. I think she wants to acquire culture and do various things. Reading, Jazz appreciation, Theatre, Pub-quizzes; these are some things she'd like to be doing more of. All of them sound rather cool to me too. Oh, and she is teaching herself the guitar, which, from her account is going roaringly. Very exciting. I said we should definitely do a pub-quiz. I was also thinking of seeing more films or theatre. The idea came to me after hearing on Today that report on binge-drinking. I always think that theatre-going is terribly expensive, but if I abstained totally from booze for a week in exchange for a trip, I bet that's pretty much equivalent. So I'm gonna go to the theatre, or at least see more art-house films.

In the middle of talking to Rosie, John phoned, so I excused myself to sort out tomorrow. We're meeting at Waterloo at 1100 and, as I say, going to St. Paul's. John also said that he wouldn't mind seeing Mr. Blaine, which I was a little surprised by, but seemed quite good. The good part will be seeing John though. The train leaves Farnborough at 1011. Needless to say, I had the last laugh.

n.p. Yeah yeah yeahs "Pin"
n.d. Fuller's Organic Honey Dew