Sunday 21 September 2003

Last day playing guitar probably ever at church today. I'd forgotten that Nicholas had taken his amp and leads with him, so I found myself wihotu amplification. I just about managed with a pick (horrible fingerpicking-inhibiting things) and copious quantities of welly. I might get to sing again now - I suppose I have mentioned that I can't play guitar and sing from SoF haven't I... Dad had a red stole on. I still don't know why, as red is usually a pentecost thing, but I beleive it had something to do with it being the feast of St. Matthew, and evangelisation. I got offered a bookcase by Barbara Dean, but declined. I had been warned, after it would have been useful, that Barbara has a habit of offering people junk, but never mind. Barbara's husband was also there for the second week running. He doesn't usually come, so it was good for him to be there. We had a little talk about music and singing, and about the troubles that come with age. I'm no good at small talk, so I couldn't keep that up for long. One of the Hooper kids made a cup of tea. I don't know exactly what she'd done to it, but it was grey, as if someone had just put clay into water. Looked nasty it did.

We went to The Foresters for a last-big-meal-with-Mark-for-a-while thing. The Foresters has gone downhill. It used to have an aviary, and a far wider selection of food, but, opting for a sandwich, I was absolutely stuffed.