Saturday 6 September 2003

Well I woke up this morning. Made the milk. It smelt a bit. Watched a bit of Malcolm in the Middle and, having got Nicholas to buy the paper on his way to band, read the supplements. Did more various things.

Today I went into town to meet up with Vicki (MISS VICTORIA HUTTON on her receipt at MVC) at The Rock Box. Nice to see her again, but unfortunately for all concerned, she got a migraine shortly before arriving. I get the impression that migraines are ineffably crushing and am very glad that I don't get any. We wandered round, went to various places that she needed to go to to buy "green stuff" (tea tree oil), "stuff in a tube" (lip balm) and stamps. What on earth is lip balm for? I've never used any and my lips are still attached. Wandered round in MVC, where they have new loyalty type cards. You get a point per pound, and if you get 100 then you get £2.50 off. Vicki, by way of an apology for not being well (hey, it wasn't my idea) decided to buy me a CD so I got the Ghost Dog Soundtrack. Very nice of her indeed.

Then I wandered back hom and watched The Seven Year Itch. I'm really not sure why. I've seen the beginning of it before and decided I couldn't be bothered. Today I stuck it out and decided that it wasn't terrible, but there were better things in life to do. I didn't really like the main character much by the end. The idea is that his wife's away and he's very tempted by Miss Monroe. He seemed to put up a fairly token resistance, but they never got it on of course.

When Nicholas got back I got him to watch The Times' DVD. Down with Love looks like enjoyable tosh. I wonder though about casting Ewan McGregor as the male lead. He's meant to be sort of James Bondish, but I can't see that working very well at all. Kill Bill should be good, and Intolerable Cruelty, as a Coen Brothers film, should be a safe bet, though it doesn't look immediately good from the trailers.

I started watching Forrest Gump too, but was getting too tired for it and I needed to be awake tomorrow for solo guitar strummin' type worship. Also I thought that if I watched the whole Jenny and Forrest thing for too long I would get all depressed an' that.
Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you
by the gazelles and by the does of the field:
Do not arouse or awaken love
until it so desires.