Thursday 19 February 2004

Good afternoon people. Yesterday I said to Zosia that I'd blog, so... I am.

Yesterday then. Should probably start with CTaCH wherein it was decided that we would offer to make intercessory prayers for all and sundry in County Hall throughout Lent. Coincidentally, this was about the same time I decided what I was going to do this lent. So Karen (Silcox) and I should be doing a lot of praying soon. At the beginning there was a lot of talk about Melchizedek. Someone thought that Jesus was descended from him apparently, which rather negates the point of the passage.

Oh, and that morning Ella had a stomach-ache, so I got James to make her some ginger tea and apparently it hit the spot.

After work I went over to Nina's. Nina is a genial hostess and not averse to feeding me. Thank you Nina. I had some veggie lasagne, mange tout and lettuce, a banana soy milk-shake and another drink which I can't recall. It was lovely. Just sat and chatted really, as ever; apparently Nina thinks this is not good enough, but I would differ.

I was a bit late leaving Nina's and just got to RCIA on time. I found myself instantly bewildered by the fact that whereas it's usually a local group, today every candidate and their kid brother was there. And I walked straight into the middle of it, which is an architectural necessity. I'm now borrowing a book by Cardinal Hume off of one of the catechists. I shall have to see if I can't finish it off before I forget what Newman's on about. Mike gave me a lift home, and I popped into the house to drop my stuff off before heading over to CathSoc, where drinking games were being played, but without drink. I dread to think how much more slowly the whole thing would have gone if they had been drinking. Then we played Taboo, which I was expecting to not find fun, but it was rather good. And after that, Bible Challenge. That got a bit personal; I was playing to beat Lisa basically. She was far too nice about it, and kept on giving me answers and things. I did beat her, but she helped, so... hang on - I see what she's done, the cunning minx! Well, perhaps not. It's possible she was just being nice. Zosia related her stress and I made soothing ocean noises but it got old a bit quickly. And I made too much noise crushing cans, and got KAren's e-mail to apologise remotely, which I haven't actually done yet, so I better had now. Blogging in the space of half an hour sucks. I could have said a lot more.