Monday 7 June 2004

Too much readin', not enough bloggin'. Probably because of all that shoving my oar in that was going on down there.

Anyway, back at work now, after da weekend, and it seems ooooookay.

Went back to Camberley for Ruth's 30th birthday party at The Old Courthouse. Very uncharacteristically missed my train by misreading my train tickets and ended up spening far too much money to travel, but there you are. Arrived rather late too. Stayed up past my bedtime.

Went shopping for presents and a card for Ruth. Got her a slide-whistle and sort of rubber finger-puppet type things - these one is meant to childishly pit against the other. Party was alright. Saw lots of people I haven't seen for a while, including Ruth's regular pub team members, grumpy Sarah and boyf, and Nicola who works as a nanny in Jersey. Poor DJ didn't have anybody dancing for quite a while, but the feat was eventually managed, though they never played "Take on Me", dash it.

Went back to Nicola's parents' to talk, staying up ludicrously past my bedtime. No issues in retiring to bed.

Up for the 0930 mass at the local church. I can't remember it's name. Two saints are involved though. Did that thing where you forget to get a song book. Never mind. Ran into the principal of my 6th form, drinking tea, and, after a few hints, he remembered who I, and my nuclear family, were. He's still principalling and is a nice chap.

Had dinner and then home. Gosh this is a bit hurried.

Won the quiz.

Yay!