Sunday 10 September 2006

Sunday 10th Sept
Went to St Martin's for the service, Dad has been Vicar there for ten years now. Saw a few people I hadn't seen in a long time like Stuart Wood. At the buffet meal afterwards ended up sitting next to the Hooper family. They have much in common with the Dobsons, lots of children, smart and a suitably warped sense of humour, great fun to have around.

The journey back to Exeter was a little worrying when the Blackwater to Reading train was late and I had to run to the Reading to Exeter train, not far at all, but I was not pleased about having to walk down most of the train to get to my seat. Thankfully most people had already sat down, so wasn't as bad as it could have been. Ended up sat at a table with a mum and her sleepy-but-won't-admit-it daughter, entertaining for me, and I suspect the mum was finding it amusing as well.