Saturday 2 December 2006

Next week is our schools Number Week to raise money for the NSPCC. This is why I have been working so hard lately. I have been organising it. I will be so glad when next week is over. Number week will be over and their will only be one week left till the end of term. Hurrah.

There is so much going on in the Maths block. At lunchtimes we have sudoku, puzzles and games, code breaking (not to mention the normal code breaking club after school on Thursdays), and on Friday we have a weakest link for staff. Should be good fun. I have got the head doing Anne Robinson and a good combination of teachers. I think the only Maths teacher taking part will be voted off first as all the questions are about Maths and Numbers.

All the students have been given the homework this week to write the questions and I need to put it all together this weekend. Fun.

The main thing that I am not looking forward to is I am doing the assembly all week. Not looking forward to that. I have never stood up in front of that many students. Years 7 and 8 should be alright. They are alright which is why they have their assembly together. Its the other three year groups I am worried about. The behaviour in our school is appaling at the moment. Everyone is commenting on it. At least when I am in my classroom there are no other teachers there to spot all my mistakes. There will be lots of students and teachers in assembly. At least it will be good experience for me and the whole event will look good on my CV. Especially since I will be looking for another job starting after Christmas I think.

Anyway I came on the internet to look for Christmas presents and stuff. Better get on with it.