Saturday 12 November 2011

11/11/11


So, yesterday was November 11. On Facebook I read noble status updates about Remembrance Day (the timing's a bit different here, so nothing doing on that front.

Meanwhile, in our office, the weakest premise for a cake that I can recall has been adopted. At 11:11, the call goes out:


These Romans Italians are crazy! I shouldn't complain; there was even spumante. I note that they sought to render it a less arbitrary cake with a reference to the feast of St. Martin of Tours. You're fooling no-one!

Those things under CHE are meant to be maroni:

Che (due) maroni! - What (a pair of) chestnuts! - What (a pair of) balls! - What a pain in the arse!

Funny thing language...
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog

Mark said...

Hi Steve!

You are invited to read my blog entries on Catholicism:

http://dob-log.blogspot.com/search/label/Catholicism

All the best,
Mark